CLASSROOM BASED INSTRUCTION: To Wonder, Learn & Grow…
SCYS offers classroom-based ABA Programming at The Mckenzie Learning Center in Mississauga. This exceptional program will also offer integration into community environments to work on skills learned within 1:1 & group sessions to ensure optimal learning is achieved. Our Multi-Disciplinary approach will benefit your child in a positive learning direction; our team will develop and ensure treatment programs are developmentally appropriate and monitored to ensure the best quality of programming is being provided. We incorporate the Principals of Applied Behavioural Analysis; Along with other behavioural management, social and communication techniques taught by a BCBA, & experienced/certified ABA therapists to ensure each treatment plan is individualized to your child’s unique learning styles.
- We offer small classroom sizes to optimize each child’s learning within our program to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved.
- We offer 2:3 or 3:5 staff to student ratio & 1:1 teaching sessions.
- We have 3 rooms for 1:1 & group sessions sessions & an open play area filled with sensory toys, educational toys & fun games.
Our program will be monitored by our Clinical Director BCBA-D working alongside our Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Art/Music& ABA Therapists. SCYS Center-based program at The Mckenzie Learning Center will run through the academic year September – June and continue with our Summer Program in July – August. We will also be offering P.A day programs & Social Skills programs.
SCYS Program Outline:
- Full Time 830am – 530pm
- Block Schedule 8:30am – 12:30pm
- After school 4:30-7:30pm
Services can be purchased for 3 – 6 months at a time. Full day option – 35 hours per week or half day option 15 hours per week.
- We work with Ontario Autism Program (OAP) – DFO (Direct Funding Option), Non-Funded Families, SSAH,
- Assessments – diagnostic, curriculum based, life & social skills
- Art/Music Therapy, Speech Therapy & Occupational Therapy, Psychotherapy
- Group/Individualized activities
- Community outings/outdoor activities
- Safe, fun, inclusive learning environment!
- Positive reinforcements
- Data Collection, Errorless teaching, most to least prompting to ensure that children, youth don’t become prompt dependent.
- Natural Environment Teaching
- We inspire to Wonder, Learn & Grow!
Programming doesn’t STOP at our classroom, SCYS provides in home, community and school support.
At School – we will work closely with teacher`s to provide classroom support to assist your child with classroom routines, set IEP goals, provide behaviour management support and much more!
At Home – we will provide parents with the tools to manage behaviours, set routines, help with life skills and if center based programming is not what your looking for – we set up in home ABA/IBI programming as well!
In Community – Having your child be included in the community is essential. We provide support within the community to ensure your child is included in community activities by supporting them 1:1 & in groups settings to maximize their learning, engagement in community activities.
We continue to offer our community an inclusive, fun & social environment that encompasses all phases of learning & development.
Assessment dates/times For times please contact us! Space is limited!
*If your child needs SLP/OT services that will be billed separately